Library Expansion & Remodel
Sustainable/Green Design Features
- Low-flow lavatories
- Low pressure loss hydronic piping design
- Variable air volume air distribution
- Variable volume hydronic heating and chilled water system
- Central air-handling units with variable frequency drives and economizer operation
- Sub-zoned telecom / electrical rooms to allow shut-down of central equipment during off-hours
- HVAC systems designed to meet comfort and ventilation requirements.
- Air-handler unit filtration for improved indoor air quality
- Digital energy management and control system to be connect to central campus system
- Light Pollution reduction. We have integrated a new lighting control system into the building that will automatically shut down the lighting after hours. Full cut-off exterior light fixtures have been selected with ‘dark sky compliance’ in mind.
- High-performance energy efficient light fixtures, 11% under Title 24 requirements for lighting compliance.
- Multi-level occupancy sensors in private spaces that exceed Title 24 lighting compliance requirements by as much as 25%.
- Individual lighting controls for controllability of systems
- Multi-level zone control that offer different light levels depending on the task taking place in each zone.
- Innovative design of light fixtures with MBDC Cradle to Cradle certification.
- CRI Green Label (a requirement for carpet in LEED Projects)
- Eco Solution nylon
- EcoWorks Backing made without PVC
- 40% recycled content
- Low VOC content
- Organic Solvent free latex paint
- NATURCoteTM coating
- Made from renewable raw materials
- Contains recycled content
- Made with rubber instead of the traditional vinyl that all the other base products are made from
- Made with formaldehyde free MDF
- Highly durable
- Long lasting
- Easy to maintain
Tack-able wall panel
- Tack-able substrate made with recycled newsprint
- Free of chlorine & plasticizers
- Extremely low VOCs antibacterial free of topical finishes or dioxin
- Xorel meets the requirements of section 01350 California state building guideline for indoor environmental and air quality
- Green Roof to improve views, provides additional insulation, reduce solar heat gain and reduce storm water run-off.
- Cool roofing at all other flat roofs
- Recycled fly ash used in concrete mix